Wednesday 12 January 2011

Paul McCartney Guests On A Steve Martin Album


When Steve Martin top the charts with his comedy albums and the single King Tut, some would have thought that he would eventually score one of the largest bluegrass albums of the last decade.

On March 15, Martin will try repeat it once again with Rare Bird Alert, recorded with his Steep Canyon Rangers along with help from artists like Paul McCartney and the Dixie Chicks.

Martin is a bit in awe of his guests. "It's very hard to believe. I was a kid when I first heard Paul McCartney, and if you told me one day that he'd be singing one of my tunes, I'm still flabbergasted.

"Rare Bird Alert represents an intense, but joyful period of songwriting and touring. My love of this music continues."

No comments:

Post a Comment