Tuesday 6 September 2011

Paul McCartney a pop music legend's musical heroes

Paul McCartney recently has been a pop music legend's musical heroes, Hollywood superstar Doris Day of his time for an interview. Macca’s journalism has appeared in Britain’s Daily Telegraph newspaper.

V Festival tickets online

Doris Day is releasing a album My Heart of cover songs, including material by the likes of The Beach Boys and Joe Cocker.

McCartney says: “I think your fans will go crazy with it. It’s a nice album with beautiful emotions. Is it true when you sing Joe Cocker’s “You Are So Beautiful” you are singing about the beauty you find in animals?”

To which Day replies: “Well I do find the beauty in animals. I find beauty everywhere. I find beauty in my garden.”

He talks about the welfare of animals in which Sir Paul's time that fishing for leads in the recall.

He says, “I was in Tennessee once and fishing in a lake. I could see the fish struggling for his life and it was a moment”.

“I thought ‘I don’t need your life’ and I put him back. I haven’t fished since.”

McCartney also asked Day about dealing with the death of her son, Terry.

He says: “I knew Terry a little bit in the ’60s and he was a really nice man. But you were right, he didn’t push himself. I didn’t either though come to think of it. He was a lovely boy. We love him and hopefully he’s looking down on this album saying ‘I’m proud of you mum.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment